Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break!!! Day One

So Sam and I had to leave for spring break later than everyone else since Sam goes to BYU and does not actually have a Spring Break. So Sam and I left Tuesday March 12 after he had worked and gone to class. He did leave work early for me :) I was so anxious to go home so we drove straight through which I don't normally do because its a hard drive to go straight through.


We had gotten a rental car this trip because ours is no longer reliable to go that far with no problems. We also got a hybrid which gave us 38 MPG! Amazing! We pulled in just a little after midnight. The begining of the trip was LONG like forever never ending but as we got closer it went by pretty fast. During the drive down however i did sort of louse my mind.....

Me Lousing my mind about 3 to 4 hours into the drive........
It was so nice once we got closer to San Diego! You just get hit with humitity and it feels amazing my next favorite part is when you begin to notice roads you drove on as a kid your whole life... thats when you are home. I ran into the house before Sam even park or stopped the car. Jump up into my dads arms :)  said hi to Sheba.... It was amazing!! Alex and all his buddys 
Alexs Buddys 
I believe there was even more at one point! Had all gone on a grunion run! I dont really know how to explain a grunion run but at one point during the year when the weather is nice there is a new moon fishes (grunions) come up on to the beach thousands of them do! and lay there eggs in the sand late at night and if you go at the right time you can wittness this. I did once with my family, have not really seen it since. Alex tried three times never got so lucky! 

Mom was already in bed and Sam and i were pretty wiped from the drive so we went to bed. I slept like a baby peacefully through the WHOLE night. AMAZING! 



2 comments:

  1. ...and it was so wonderful to see you and to have you jump into my arms. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I couldn't wait up for you. I was just tooooo tired. It was wonderful to see both of you and I'm so glad you went to the dance and had fun :)

    ReplyDelete